Housing Adaption Grant for People with a Disability

A Housing Adaptation Grant for Older People and People with a Disability is available from the  local authorities if you need to make changes to a home to make it more suitable for a person with a physical, intellectual disability or mental health difficulty.

The grant can assist you to make changes and adaptations to your home, for example, making it wheelchair-accessible, extending it to create more space, adding a ground-floor bathroom or toilet or a stairlift. 

If you only require minor work, you can apply for the means-tested Mobility Aids Grant Scheme instead.

These 2 schemes (and the Housing Aid for Older People Scheme) are administered by local authorities and full details can be viewed at: 

graphic-image-border new
obrien-motors-border (2) img